Deeper Christian Bible Study in Ephesians • Study 40
Our lives outside of Jesus is dead, dark, and depressing.
In Ephesians 2, Paul begins by talking about our lives before Christ – in one word: dead.
In this message, Nathan Johnson examines Paul’s description of our spiritual deadness outside of Christ …
- dead in trespasses and sins
- following the course of this world
- living under the authority/character of the prince of the power of the air
- influenced by the spirit of the world that works/energizes the sons of disobedience
- lived in the passions of our flesh
- carrying out the desires of the body and the mind
- and thus children of wrath
While it may seem depressing to think of our former way of living, this message is a reminder of how much we need Jesus in our lives.
Download the shownotes for this episode and get other Christ-centered teaching and resources at: deeperchristian.com/ephesians-study-040/