Live Life in Crescendo was the personal mantra of Stephen R. Covey, author of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. He worked with his daughter, Cynthia Covey Haller, to share his ideas about the Crescendo Mentality. Unfortunately, Stephen, R. Covey passed away before the books was completed, but Cynthia continued the work and released the book last month.
In this episode, she shares that her Dad did not believe in retirement. He felt that after your career you should still be making meaningful contributions, and living in crescendo for as long as you can.
Despite successes and setbacks, Cynthia explains that the crescendo mentality gives you the perspective to keep growing, learning, and contributing, because you still have important things to give.
She shares stories of triumph and courage and kindness. And she encourages all of us to continue to live in Crescendo.
You can find the book, Live Life in Crescendo - Your Most Important Work is Always Ahead of You, at most bookstores.
1. Life is a mission, not a career
2. Let someone know they are worthwhile, show them that you see their potential.
3. "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." ~ Pablo Picasso
4. Your most important work is always ahead of you.
Thanks so much for listening.
Subscribe on Apple Podcast, Stitcher , Google Podcast. or Spotify
Follow up on Facebook and Instagram
You can email me with questions or comments at email@example.com
– Wendy Green is a Certified Life Coach, working with people going through the sometimes uncomfortable life transition from full-time work to “what’s next.” Find out more about Wendy’s 6-week “What’s Next Transition” Coaching workshop
– You can email Cynthia at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find her on LinkedIn and Instagram @cynthiacoveyhaller
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podsights - https://podsights.com/privacy
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp