Title: 5 to Thrive Tuesday: The Power of Accessories
Host: Valerie Hatcher
Release Date: 06/27/23
Duration: 9 min
In this episode of "Aging with Grace & Style" Valerie Hatcher shares fashion and style tips for women over 50. She emphasizes the importance of confidence and encourages listeners to share their fashion tips on social media. The focus for next week's episode will be mental well-aging. Valerie emphasizes that fashion is not about size but how the clothes make you feel. She recommends building a timeless wardrobe with staple pieces and mixing and matching to create multiple outfits. Valerie recommends balancing comfort and style, embracing color, and using accessories to instantly upgrade an outfit and reflect your personality.
- The episode celebrates women over 50 and focuses on the world of fashion and style.
- Valerie emphasizes that confidence is the best outfit you can wear and encourages listeners to share fashion tips on their social media channels.
- Tip #1 is to embrace color, which can add a youthful and energetic touch to one's style. Valerie shares her experience of purchasing a bright yellow-tiered dress and feeling confident in it.
- Tip #2 is about building a timeless wardrobe with staple items like jeans, blazers, dresses, and blouses. Valerie emphasizes that fashion is not about size but about how the clothes make you feel. Body positivity is key in fashion, celebrate the body you have today.
- Tip #3 is the power of accessories. An initial necklace, bracelet, and ring can add a personal touch to any outfit. Statement necklaces, colorful scarves, and stylish hats can also instantly upgrade an outfit.
- Tip #4 is to balance comfort and style to evolve with the changes in our bodies as we age. Valerie shares her journey of closet cleaning and realizing that her style has evolved. She highlights the importance of choosing clothes that make you feel good and comfortable.
- The episode ends with Valerie encouraging listeners to stay stylish, healthy, and happy while aging with grace, style, and a touch of sass.
1. Embrace color to add a youthful and energetic touch to your style, and choose clothes that make you feel beautiful, confident, and fabulous.
2. Building a timeless wardrobe with staple items like jeans, blazers, dresses, and blouses can help mix and match to create multiple outfits for any occasion.
3. Balance comfort and style to evolve with changes in your body as you age.
4. Accessories like statement necklaces, colorful scarves, stylish hats, earrings, and even watch bands can instantly upgrade an outfit and reflect your personality.
5. Confidence is the best outfit you can wear, and body positivity is important in fashion.
Connect with Valerie:
* Follow Valerie on Facebook and Instagram @iamvaleriehatcher. Comment or DM her and say, "I'm aging with grace and style," so she knows exactly who you are.
* Reach out directly by email at email@example.com
Join Us Next Time:
Stay tuned for more inspiring chats, tips, and stories about the midlife journey. Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode! See you soon as we age with grace, style, and a touch of sass.
Hey there, gorgeous ladies, and welcome back to our Five to Thrive Tuesday. This podcast is all about celebrating the grace, style and vibrancy of women over 50. We're here to share tips, ideas and inspiration to help us thrive. So far, we've explored fitness, nutrition and skincare. Today, we're diving into the world of fashion and style. So let's go. Our first tip is to balance comfort and style. As we age, our body changes and our style should evolve with it.Valerie Hatcher [:
If you follow me on social, you know that I've been on this closet cleaning journey. While doing so, I've realized that my style has evolved. Clothes I used to wear, I don't wear no more. Some because my body has changed and the fit isn't the same, and others are because my style has evolved. Now, I do still like shorter dresses that accentuate my long legs, but always choose clothes that make you feel good and comfortable. But that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice style. Nobody is saying that we have to walk around looking frumpy. As a matter of fact, please don't.Valerie Hatcher [:
There are plenty of fashionable options out there that also offer the comfort you need and the style you want. Tip number two is all about building a timeless wardrobe. Some essential pieces every woman should have are a good pair of jeans, a versatile blazer, a well-cut dress, a black dress well, maybe not as many black dresses as I have, and a white blouse. These core classic staple items can be mixed and matched to create numerous outfits for any occasion. Throw on the blazer with the jeans or even the dress. Wear the white blouse with the jeans alone or under the blazer or with slacks, a skirt or shorts. You get the picture. Wardrobe capsuling really is a thing that works.Valerie Hatcher [:
Now, our third tip is about the power of accessories. A statement necklace, a colorful scarf, a stylish hat if you are a hat person, earrings, or even today, a watch band. Yes. So if you are an Apple watch wear, for example, there are all kinds of bands that you can switch to coordinate your outfit. Dressy casual. Depending on what you're looking for, you can find anything. These small items can instantly upgrade an outfit and reflect your personality. You might even have your signature jewelry items that make a personal statement about you.Valerie Hatcher [:
So, for instance, for me, it's either my butterfly necklace or my initial V necklace, along with my initial bracelet and my initial ring. But those are my basics, and then I'll add to them depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. Remember, fashion should be fun and also a way to express yourself. Tip four is to embrace color. This tip really is speaking to me, the queen of black. Wearing color that complements your skin tone can enhance your natural beauty and boost your mood. Don't shy away from vibrant hues. I purchased a bright yellow tiered dress and recently wore it.Valerie Hatcher [:
I feel so bright and cheery, and I really do love color, and I'm actually being more intentional about wearing color. Color can add a youthful and energetic touch to your style. Our final tip is the most important practice body Positivity fashion isn't about the size of our clothes. Let me repeat that for those who might have their volume down, fashion isn't about the size of our clothes. It's about how they make you feel. Celebrate the body that you're in today. Even if you're working on becoming healthier, embrace your changes and choose clothes that make you feel beautiful, confident, and just plain old fabulous. There you have it five fashion tips to keep you thriving and feeling your best.Valerie Hatcher [:
As always, share your fashion tips with us on our social media channels at I am Valerie Hatcher on Facebook and Instagram. Remember, confidence is the best outfit you can wear. Next week, we're focusing on mental well aging, a key part of aging with grace and style. Until then, stay stylish, stay healthy, stay happy, and always remember we are aging with grace, style, and a touch of sass.