This session of the radio show shares the Town Council meeting held in Council Chambers on Wednesday, January 18, 2023. All 9 members of the Council were present in the Council Chambers.
- Presentation on the first year at the Senior Center by Director Danielle Hopkins and Deputy Director Christina Larose; introduction of multi year plan, service enhancements, etc.
- Storm water presentation, how to find your property on the map, and calculate your fee; Then discussion on the credit booklet and process for applying; business would apply every five years, residents yearly
- Announcement of the Town Council member for the four committees authorized at the prior meeting, some of these will start right away, some later this year. The application process for residents to express interest is still forthcoming. These are the Councilors who will lead the efforts as Chair, Vice-chair and clerk
Ad-Hoc Arts & Culture
Davis Thayer Reuse
Police Station Building
The recording runs 2 and 30 minutes. Let’s listen to the Town Council meeting on January 18, 2023.
Meeting agenda and documents released for this session -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/january_18_2023_town_council_agenda.pdf
PRESENTATIONS / DISCUSSION
a. Presentation: One Year Update of the Franklin Senior Center - Danielle Hopkins, Senior Center Director and Christina Larose, Deputy Director
i. Slideshow presentation
ii. Senior Center 2030: A 7-year strategic plan for the Franklin Council on Aging
b. Discussion: Stormwater Utility Update
i. Update Memo & Draft Stormwater Credit Manual
ii. Stormwater property specific impervious surface website portal
My notes in one threaded PDF document ->
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/ or www.franklin.news/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"