We cover a whole lot of ground in this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour – from Industry 4.0 to innovation in industrial sectors, IIoT, connectivity, machine learning, proof of concepts, and everything in between.
Joining this episode is Igor Marinelli, Founder of TRACTIAN, who has plenty of insights, perspectives, and advice to share on condition monitoring and more. Igor details his background from being a frontline worker to where he is today and explains what prompted him to start TRACTIAN.
We hear why he has huge respect for frontline maintenance workers, why he thinks innovation for innovation’s sake isn’t the way forward, and his advice on integrating new systems into old practices.
In this episode, find out:
- What TRACTIAN does
- How Igor’s background led him to start his company
- Advice for younger and older industrial professionals
- Why you need to start with the problem, not the solution
- The problem with how Industry 4.0 is portrayed
- Why industrial sectors are ready to be disrupted
- Igor’s thoughts on machine learning
- The challenges of integrating new systems
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “Be very technical and show real data and experiments of how you could improve what you’re doing.”
- “It's important that you consider that you might not know everything, and even though you've been doing this process for 25 years, there might be something that could be done better. So you just have to be open to that.”
- “You need to tackle the problem, understand the problem, and then think about a solution for that. Because if you start from the solution, this is not going to work, right?”
Links & mentions:
- The Nook, a popular neighborhood bar with park views in Atlanta, GA
- TRACTIAN, an end-to-end condition monitoring and asset management solution
Make sure to visit http://manufacturinghappyhour.com for detailed show notes and a full list of resources mentioned in this episode. Stay Innovative, Stay Thirsty.