Today we have Eduardo offering up an inquiry, which has to do with the idea that different people need different things at different times. At what point in your path of recovery and discovery do you outgrow a practice or routine? Things that have helped you – be it a recovery group or the 12 Steps themselves – will not serve you in perpetuity as you continue to grow and evolve. And so you may feel that it’s time for a change.
What awaits us beyond simple abstinence? It’s important to ask ourselves where we’re going, what we should shoot for; and what do we do if and when we find ourselves isolated or separated because instead of taking a step forward through the same revolving door, we take a step up to bigger and bigger questions? Where is the 13th Step?
- Why the Shaman may feel isolated because of their expansive knowledge
- People who struggle with addiction have the capability, and responsibility, to become a teacher (and why we desperately need them today)
- The difficulty of stepping away from AA when it stops serving you
- Evolving from the language of “I am an alcoholic.”
- Misconception of self-control vs. the choice
- A conversation with Ram Dass on psychedelics
- Why happiness is not merely the relief of a craving
- Two yogic teachings to help maintain an expanded state of consciousness: abhyasa and vairagya
- Metaphor of dyeing cotton as it relates to recovery and evolution
Connect with Tommy
Addiction is part of everyone’s journey, but recovery is not. The Recovery 2.0 Membership is a place where you can explore the topics that interest you, find community, and connect with Tommy Rosen on a personal level. It’s here that we’ll dig into spirituality and union of the mind, body and spirit, and transform from the inside out. You will learn and grow alongside a community of supportive, conscious, compassionate and vibrant individuals, like you!
Join us at r20.com/welcome to explore how to move beyond addiction and thrive in your life.
In The Circle is produced by Crate Media.