Louise Harnby and Denise Cowle talk to editor Crystal Shelley about sensitivity (authenticity) reading.
Listen To Find Out More About
- What is sensitivity reading?
- What types of topics do people read for?
- What does the sensitivity reading process look like?
- Why should an author hire a sensitivity reader?
- What type of feedback does a sensitivity reader give?
- How does someone become a sensitivity reader?
- Some authors are hesitant to work with a sensitivity reader because there's concern about censorship or having books pulled. How do you address those concerns?
- Is sensitivity reading only useful for fiction?
- How do authors find sensitivity readers?
You can find out more about Crystal at Rabbit with a Red Pen: rabbitwitharedpen.com
Mentioned in the Show
- Find a sensitivity reader: Binders for Sensitivity Readers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2263914640530111
- Conscious Style Guide: https://consciousstyleguide.com/
- Editors of Color: https://editorsofcolor.com/
Ask Us A Question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast's Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button.
Denise And Louise
- Denise Cowle: denisecowleeditorial.com
- Louise Harnby: harnby.co/fiction-editing
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/