273: Bringing BrainSpotting to BIPOC Communities: John Edwards, LCSW
It can be a scary thing to truly pursue your calling. Today’s guest has beaten the odds to create brainspotting training specifically for the BIPOC community. He’s finding increased success and receiving positive feedback, so if you’re curious about what it takes to set up a training program, join us to learn more!
Our Featured Guest: John Edwards, LCSW
John Edwards is a therapist in Oakland, CA. In 2019, he went through brainspotting training and experienced a pivotal shift as he saw the need to bring this training to the BIPOC community. We’ll hear about John’s journey in creating a training program from the ground up, how he became interested in brainspotting and became aware of the need within the BIPOC community. John shares his tips and lessons with us in today’s episode.
● The realization that came to John in a pre-pandemic brainspotting training in March 2019--when he was the only black man out of 120 people
● The experience that led John to develop trainings exclusively for BIPOC communities
● What John wishes he had done differently with the very first training (December 2019)
● Why patience and focus are the two elements necessary for success in building a training program
● How the BIPOC community responded to John’s training as both facilitators and participants
● Why John feels a certain hypervigilance when he attends non-BIPOC trainings
● John’s observations about the differences in a BIPOC training for the participants
● John’s tips for creating a training program:
○ Be clear about why you’re doing the training
○ Be willing to fall down---and then refocus
Today's Podcast Sponsor: Online Course School
Online Course School: I know that many of us want to launch a successful online course whether it's to diversify our income or share our knowledge and serve others on larger levels.
But I also know that the thought of launching an online course can be super intimidating whether it's the tech, the fear that no one will buy, or figuring out how to market and scale it in an honest and ethical way.
I launched the Healthcasters online course back in 2015 and have learned A TON of lessons from the very first $297 sale to a course that will pass $200k in earnings this year (and currently brings in over $3k/month in recurring income).
Online Course School is a live, 6 week experience we're launching in 2022 where we'll spend each week learning to help you launch and grow a successful online course.
It's a great chance to work with me and to join with other helpers/healers who are also launching online courses.
Seats are going to be extremely limited (just so that I can give you personalized attention), and the cost will be around $997.
Please feel free to download the FREE A to Z Online Course Guide if this is something you would LOVE support with, and I'll email you when we're live.
Disclosures: Please note that all opinions are my own and based on my personal experience. Sponsors are acknowledged. Some links in the description are affiliate links where if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission at no additional cost to you. I use these funds to continue to create helpful content to serve our field. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
MY FREE ONLINE WORKSHOPS (These can be watched at a date/time that works for you):
💻 Online Course School (A course to create, sell, and grow a successful online course): COMING IN 2022 (please feel free to download the online guide course above and I can keep you updated as I'm trying to build this with ample input and care including a chance to work 1 on 1 with me!):