Why Local with Ryan Sullivan of The BopCast Podcast
How connected locally are you?
We often hear of a podcast with a National or International focus, but today’s guest Ryan Sullivan shares with us how he focused on local and how telling the stories of local artists has been a unique project for him.
As a podcast, we record audio, share it, and move on typically. Still, one special episode he recorded became a living legacy of the personality of a guest who passed away after being on the podcast.
It’s not just about the audio; it's about legacy, and this will be a story you won’t want to miss.
· Where did the idea for BopCast get started (1:06)
· How did you decide what the audience demographic focus was going to be (04:20)
· How do you find your guests within a unique demographic like this (6:12)
· How did you decide you want to start a podcast (8:14)
· What advice would you share with others looking to start or grow a cause-focused podcast (9:23)
· Creating a content experience around all the media channels (11:25)
· What makes The College Prep Project the charity of choice for this episode (12:54)
· Best piece of advice for other podcasters (14:46)