How many jobs do your service advisors have? Who covers when you are short-handed? How many technicians per advisor do you have? Are you using technology and systems to a service advisor’s advantage? How clear are your objectives to everyone in the shop? What are some different pay plan options?
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Dave Schedin, CompuTrek Automotive Management Systems
. Dave’s previous episodes HERE
Bryan Kelley, Valley Automotive Repair & Electric
, Covington, WA. Bryan’s previous episodes HERE
Jeff Grassman, Carsmart Auto Service
, Sumner, WA. Jeff's previous episodes HERE
Dave Kusa, owner of AutoTrend Diagnostics
in Campbell, CA. Listen to Dave’s other episodes HERE
Key Talking Points
- Service advisor ranked 5th or 6th most stressful job- how many jobs do your service advisors have? Who covers when you are short-handed? How many techs per advisor?
- Are you using technology and systems to a service advisor’s advantage?
- How clear are your objectives to everyone in the shop?
- Building a model with everyone involved and everyone wins- 360-degree view with transparency with the numbers of the business
- What is your culture? Hiding numbers?
- It is about the money, but it’s not about the money- the incentive is to motivate and not ‘just enough to get by,’ and it has to be customizable based on their level. The plan has to have a direction.
- Ask a mentor, coach, peer
- Incentivizing the behavior- it has to be attainable
- Future for advisors? Self-check in? Will they be needed?
- Other compensations, no weekends? Hours of operation M-F? Lunch break schedule? Vacation time? Medical/dental cost paid by the employer?
- If you have a family culture, what about the kids or spouse? College fund? Spouse bonus?
Connect with the Podcast
Aftermarket Radio Network
Subscribe on YouTube
Visit us on the Web
Follow on Facebook
Become an Insider
Buy me a coffee
Check out today's partners:
Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com