No one had heard of Clubhouse or Twitter Spaces. An important marketing lesson - MAF278
This week let's talk about why we should assume our customers know nothing when planning our marketing.
And something that happened at my first in-person event since February 2021.
It's just me and the mic and this is episode 278 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
We chat about:
• How each industry has it's own language and jargon that can put customers off
• The phenomenon of live audio platforms - Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces
• Preparing a workshop on using live audio platforms
• The shock of finding out no one had heard of Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces
• The danger of "shiny toy" syndrome we marketers often fall for
Links and Show Notes.
For links to the books and apps mentioned, please visit http://rogeredwards.co.uk/MAF for the show notes.
What is the Marketing and Finance (MAF) Podcast?
This podcast is all about keeping marketing simple and all things finance.
I’m Roger Edwards, a professional speaker and consultant from Edinburgh. Talk to me if you want to cut the complexity and the BS from your marketing strategy.
The MAF Podcast is a 30-minute radio show you download from http://rogeredwards.co.uk/MAF, iTunes or Spotify.
Each week you'll hear interviews with business experts, marketers, entrepreneurs and journalists. Interviews to listen to in the car, on the train or on the treadmill. Or even in the bath!
We talk about:
• How you can grow your business using content marketing and social media
• How you can keep your Marketing strategy and communications simple
• Topics, issues, products and business models from the world of finance
You’ll take away one or two big ideas that you can apply to your business. So, you can keep marketing your business to keep growing your business.
Please subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes and I’d be grateful if you would leave a review. http://rogeredwards.co.uk/itunes
Fancy Appearing on the Show?
Would you be interested in appearing on the MAF Podcast? Have you an exciting marketing or finance story to tell? Do you fancy drawing out some inspirational ideas that MAF listeners can take away to use in their own businesses? Do please contact me if you want to get involved. http://rogeredwards.co.uk