In this session Nick chats with the inspirational Tati Coco about her SUP life, from her phobia of the ocean and first discovering the sport in New Caledonia in the Pacific Islands, through to her adventures around the world, including a 600km paddle around the Island of Sardinia, a journey which tested her body and mind to the extreme.
Tati is an ex teacher who has turned her hobby into her job and is currently living and working in Ireland as SUP Manager at Pure Magic SUP and Kite surf school
In this episode we cover
- Tati’s Abu Dhabi and ‘around the world’ trip
- Planning & the reality of the Sardinia Adventure
- Tati’s distinctive approach to racing
- Tips for adventure / dealing with wind
- First SUP experience
- Conquering her fear of the ocean
- Inflatable Boards & Red Paddle Co
- Sri Lanka – SUP and Environmental Awareness
- Ireland & Pure Magic
- Future Adventure Plans
- Land paddling
Links & Resources
Tati Coco SUP on Facebook
Tati’s video of her surfing for the first time on the wadi natural wave.
Red Paddle Co
Kahuna Land Paddle
Hutch SUP Wear
Mentioned in this episode:
The SUPfm SUP Safety Course
Designed for beginner and intermediate level leisure paddlers we deliver the right safety topics, delivered with the appropriate level of detail. The course aims to help you become more confident and self-sufficient when you’re making your personal safety decisions.