#172: Do you feel stuck when you're trying to write that email newsletter, social media caption or any other piece of writing for your business? Does it feel difficult to connect with your audience through copywriting?
This is where today's guest comes in. I'd like you to meet Joy Capps. She's a copywriter, speaker, coach and author of her newly released book: Joyful Copy - How to Show Up in the Marketplace Ethically and Authentically. In today's podcast, we give you a sneak peek into what you can expect to find her book and show you that copywriting doesn't have to be such a scary process either. :)
After many decades working for corporate America, agencies and her own LLC with a "do whatever it takes" mentality, Joy unknowingly mastered the use of subtle-hype marketing. Learning to partner with God taught her how to use communication best practices aligned with the Ultimate How-To Guide (aka the Bible). These insights give birth to joyful copy that is rooted in Galatians 5:22-23 and Philippians 4:8.
In the episode, we dive into the steps she recommends you do before and after you write something for your business, how she started her journey as a copywriter, and what was the push that prompted her to write this book.
This episode is jam-packed full of great ideas, so let's get to it!
Learn How You Can Write Authentically For Your Business...
- [04:36] Her journey - how she came to the realization that there was a better way to connect with people
- [09:25] How her copywriting looked like before this epiphany moment
- [13:30] What caused her to change direction
- [16:20] How she came up with the idea of Joyful Copy
- [20:25] Should we be using AI tools when we copywrite?
- [23:42] Pro tip: what you should be doing before and after writing copy
- [28:36] How hyper manipulation has been around since the beginning of time
- [29:06] Significance of launching her book today - August 19th :)
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
Remember, YOU Matter! See you in the next episode.