In this episode of Truthspresso Express I chat about Jesus and socialism while driving to work.
A coworker recently made the claim to me that Jesus was a socialist. I have certainly heard this claim before, but I figured I would address it.
In part 6 I look at another of the socialist's prooftexts: the parable of the Good Samaritan.
I observe five points from this story:
- The man doesn't have an ethnic identity.
- The man was robbed of his possessions. He wasn't robbed of allegedly potential possessions.
- The man was physically beaten. No "words are violence" message here.
- The Good Samaritan's help was voluntary.
- The Good Samaritan used his own possessions to help him.
We value your feedback!
Have questions for Truthspresso? Contact us!