Shirley Si Ahmed, School Business Manager, talks about how she tackled imposter syndrome and why SBLs are real-life superheroes...
The episode at a glance:
[2:13] – Shirley talks about working in a local authority education team and the challenges she faced having never worked in a school.
[5:51] – Find out how Shirley became a School Business Manager and what it was like during her first year.
[14:14] – Shirley talks about faking it until you make it!
[18:07] – Shirley shares her experiences of her local SBM cluster opening up to the idea of collaboration.
[21:55] – Shirley reflects on the impact of COVID on the role of SBL.
[28:18] – Shirley talks about the scope of the SBL role and how it can be intimidating.
[30:33] – Learn about the Dunning-Kruger effect and how Shirley feels it mirrors her SBL journey!
[36:50] – Shirley describes the strength she finds in her network and encourages others to do the same.
Follow Shirley on Twitter
The Dunning-Kruger Effect
If you’re a School Business Leader...
- New SBM Checklist
- SBLs: If You’re Feeling Down, Read This
- To Anyone Who Doesn’t Feel Good Enough
- SBLs: It’s Good To Talk
- PODCAST: Hit The Ground Running Without A Handover
If you’re a Headteacher…
- CPD for your School Business Manager
- PODCAST: Why SBLs Are Vital To The Success Of A School
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources