Nimbus Kitchen is a Manhattan-based commercial kitchen sharing venture founded by Samantha Slager and Camilla Opperman. With a goal toward helping more women shatter glass ceilings in the foodservice industry, these women embody the spirit of Women’s History Month.
This week on Order Up, we’re speaking with Samantha and Camilla about Nimbus, ghost kitchens, kitchen shares, and gender equality. We also speak with Nimbus success story Lisa Dorvilus. Take a listen to the episode.
- (00:14) - Interview with Samantha Slager and Camilla Opperman
- (01:16) - Launching a new kind of shared kitchen
- (05:34) - What sets Nimbus apart?
- (08:39) - Community is huge
- (10:49) - Off-premise dining during COVID-19
- (12:46) - Member success stories
- (15:03) - Looking ahead in 2021
- (17:36) - Interview with Lisa Dorvilus
- (20:11) - Finding Nimbus
- (21:19) - Immediate growth
- (22:05) - Kado Patisri on Instagram
- (22:23) - Kado Patisri
The views expressed in this podcast are solely those of the speaker and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the National Restaurant Association (Association) and its affiliates. The Association does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or suitability of any information offered, and the listener is encouraged to do their own research and consider the applicability and suitability of the information provided for their own individual circumstances.
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to Order Up in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
Podcast episode production by Dante32.