Vicki Manning, Headteacher, talks about her amazing School Business Manager, how they have built a strong relationship & why the School Business Manager role is essential to the success of a school.
The episode at a glance:
[2:31] – Listen to why Vicki's SBM is a pivotal part of the team.
[6:42] – Learn how Vicki’s relationship with her SBM developed over time and how they work together day to day.
[12:05] – Listen as Vicki talks about the teacher/support staff divide and how she approaches it as Headteacher.
[15:59] – The key ingredients of Vicki's strong relationship with her SBM revealed!
[19:32] – Vicki talks about how she line manages her SBM differently to her SLT
[20:36] – Vicki talks about the importance of CPD for her SBM and in particular, the impact that coaching has had
[23:11] – Learn how coaching has affected Vicki’s relationship with her SBM
[26:30] – Vicki gets super-specific about the value her SBM adds to her school and why she believes all Heads should spend time investing in and developing not only the role but the relationship
- Read what Vicki’s School Business Manager has to say about their relationship, the impact of coaching and how to ask your Head for what you need
If you’re a School Business Leader…
- How to choose the right coach for you
- What course or CPD should you do next
- How to build your confidence
If you’re a Head…
- CPD for your School Business Manager
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can also find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources