This session shares part of the Franklin, MA Town Council meeting held on Wednesday, February 2, 2022.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: members of the Town Council and Town Administration personnel, the Police retirement and promotion individuals, along with their guest and family members were in the Council Chambers, some members of the public participated in person, some via the Zoom conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
I’ve split the just almost three hour meeting ( 2:48 actual meeting time - excludes recess) into three (3) logical segments:
- First - covers the opening, citizen comments and the recognition of Pricilla Cornetta; and the promotions of three Police Dept individuals (~51 mins) 2 minute recess called (which actually lasted in 6 minutes)
- Second - covers the Old South Meeting house discussion and subcommittee report (EDC Plus) (~ 42 minutes)
- Third - covers the Legislation for Action, Council Comments and the public meeting closes with the Council entering Executive Session not to return to open meeting (~ 1:14 )
The show notes contain links to the meeting agenda. Let’s listen to this segment of the Town Council meeting of Feb 2, 2022
Town Council Agenda document -> https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif6896/f/agendas/town_council_meeting_agenda_2-2-22_2.pdf
My notes for the meeting -> https://www.franklinmatters.org/2022/02/recap-town-council-discusses-old-south.html
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit www.Franklinmatters.org or www.franklin.news
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"