Have you heard of the 60/40 portfolio? This means that 60% of your investment money goes into stocks, and 40% goes into bonds.
This is fast changing in today’s world of high-interest rates, and the bond market is increasingly becoming hard. But how about a bond alternative?
In this episode of the Secure Your Retirement podcast, we talk about the changing world of bonds and the importance of bond alternatives. Listen in to learn why a bond alternative is supposed to provide the same goal as a bond, which is to lower risk and provide income.
In this episode, find out:
● The 60/40 portfolio and how it protects you from stock market volatility.
● How the high-interest rates are affecting the bond market negatively.
● A bond alternative is supposed to fulfill the same goal the bond was going to fulfill.
● Why fixed index annuities provide an excellent bond alternative.
● How we come up with a long-term bond alternative plan that’s safe, reliable, and not volatile.
● Bonds are not evil, but it’s important you think about bond alternatives.
● “When interest rates go up, that affects bonds negatively.”- Radon Stancil
● “Everything about investing is purely about how you understand it, perceive it, and what your expectations are.”- Murs Tariq
If you are in or nearing retirement and you want to gain clarity on what questions you should be asking, learn what the biggest retirement myths are, and identify what you can do to achieve peace of mind for your retirement, get started today by requesting our complimentary video course, Four Steps to Secure Your Retirement!