Denis interviews Jim Massey, a leading global trust, sustainability, and ethics practitioner. Jim has worked on the front lines of business change and has developed groundbreaking programs such as Ambition Zero Carbon, which have positively impacted the world. He is also the author of Trust in Action, which looks at the role of trust in tackling society's biggest challenges and how leaders can cultivate it. In their conversation, Jim shares his unique perspective on human behavior and interacting with people. He discusses tips on how to help people through change, such as inspiring them to understand their power to change, taking action over inaction, and learning to embrace moments of uncertainty. Please tune in for an engaging conversation about leadership in today's fast-paced environment and how it manifests differently.
In this episode:
- Jim Massey's ABC Rule and How to Adapt and Evolve for a Better Life
- How Jim Used Martin Luther King Jr.'s Quote to Move Forward During Change
- What Makes a Leader Successful in a Fast-Paced, Ever-Changing World?
- Moving from Employee Engagement to Activation
- The importance of embracing change
- Trust yourself and be prepared for what is next
- The importance of having a network around you for honest discussion and unconditional love
- Action beats inaction every time
- Leaders are expected to influence those around them positively
- Leaders should have clarity of the direction they want to go in
- Employees are demanding authenticity, and leaders must walk the talk
"If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. Always move forward. Action beats inaction every time." - Jim Massey
"My favorite leader is the one who I haven't heard about today, but I will tomorrow because they took action and did something." - Jim Massey
"Employees are no longer sitting back and waiting for things to happen. They're no longer waiting for leadership to anoint. And I think the new expectation is we're hearing words like empathy, trust, balance, and wellbeing." - Jim Massey
Connect with Jim!
Connect with Denis!
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/leadership-is-changing-podcast/