Depending on who you follow or what you’ve been taught, carbohydrates have always been looked at from all sorts of angles, and, a lot of the time, are attacked quite aggressively. This is why I wanted to continue our nutrition series with Rebel’s nutrition coach, Erin Murray, to talk all things carbs and provide a very well-rounded discussion around carbohydrates. What are they? Why do you need them? Why are they important? What are good sources? How do they affect blood sugar? How many carbs should you be eating? Listen in to discover the ins and outs of carbohydrates so you can level up on all things nutrition.
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- [04:35] Background information on carbohydrates
- [07:10] Why carbs are a preferred fuel source
- [11:00] The backstory behind carbs and their bad rap
- [15:45] Hard to regulate versus easy to regulate carbohydrates
- [18:00] The correlation between blood sugar and carbohydrates
- [23:40] How many carbs you should be eating
- [27:30] Carb cycling
- [32:25] Recommended good sources for carbohydrates
PLUS: Whenever you're ready... here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) - Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then go here.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply "trial" to this email and I'll send you all the details. Oh, and here's a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.