Get in Where You Fit In With Dr. Nii Darko of the Docs Outside the Box Podcast
Do you think outside the box?
Today's guest, Dr. Nii Darko, explains how he chose a different path after medical school and became a freelance surgeon. Hear why that made sense and even how he and his wife have built their family around this idea.
We can often get stuck in thinking life only has one-lane roads, but if we slow down and look for those hidden turns, we can find a life built from the ground up unique to us and designed and wired for success.
Seeing these turns isn't easy, but as our guest shares today, it can be as easy as listening to a podcast about people thinking outside the box. It is a big reason this podcast, Causepods, exists to share ideas and solutions that allow people doing good to make a more profound impact.
· What is your background in medicine (1:12)
· How did the COVID-19 pandemic affect you overall (2:22)
· How does someone decide to be a freelance surgeon (4:04)
· What was the genesis moment for becoming a podcaster (9:50)
· What things did you have to learn to become a podcaster (12:12)
· Separating the pressure of being a surgeon and being a podcaster (14:06)
· What are the positive impacts that have come out of the podcast (16:12)
· What are the biggest takeaways from running the podcast (18:08)
· What makes Student National Medical Association the charity of choice (19:28)