Ready for a masterclass in automotive manufacturing? Strap in!
On this episode of Manufacturing Happy Hour, we are joined by Vicki Poponi, Vice President – Industry Advisor, Automotive at Salesforce. She discusses her route into the industry and provides a glimpse into the world of software-enabled vehicles. Plus, she explains what the connected car means for consumers, why the customer is at the center of everything and delves into Salesforce’s Trends in Automotive Report – linked below.
In this episode, find out:
- Vicki’s first steps in the industry
- Why people are afraid of new technologies
- Vicki’s transition into the automotive world
- How her manufacturing roots help in business
- What she’s learned in her current role at Salesforce
- The importance of customer centricity
- Behind the scenes of Vicki’s role
- The progress being made around digital customer experience
- What automotive manufacturers need to learn in the coming months/years
Enjoying the show? Please leave us a review here. Even one sentence helps. It’s feedback from Manufacturing All-Stars like you that keeps us going!
- “It’s human nature to be afraid of something new.”
- “There’s so much data in the auto industry, it’s crazy. But you have to think about how to connect the data. That’s where technology is so wonderful.”
- “Future customers really want to be engaged.”
Links & mentions:
Make sure to visit http://manufacturinghappyhour.com for detailed show notes and a full list of resources mentioned in this episode. Stay Innovative, Stay Thirsty.