Time to talk about Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game! In this back matter episode we go over the remarkable guided character creation mechanism, the balance between narrative and simulationist play, and Fiona breaks out a spreadsheet to report on probabilities.
Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game was co-developed with Critical Hits Studios and is published by Greater Than Games.
- Inferno (1988) by Louise Simonson, with art by Walter Simonson, Bret Blevins, Terry Shoemaker and others: this is a multi-title crossover event involving X-Factor, New Mutants and other Marvel mutant comics, best read through the trade paperback Inferno or, if you're ambitious, using a reading order like this one from Comic Book Herald.
- Secret Wars (2015) by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic, and Secret Wars/Battleworld tie-in mini-series, such as: Runaways by Nate Stevenson and Sanford Green, A-Force by Marguerite Bennett, Willow Wilson and Jorge Molina and X-Men ’92 by Chris Sims and Scott Koblish.
- Defenders (1971) nos. 20-41 by Steve Gerber, Sal Buscema, Klaus Janson and others
- Defenders (1971) nos. 92-100 by J. M. De Matteis, Don Perlin and others
- City of Heroes MMORPG from Cryptic Studios and published by NCSOFT.
Ian Gregory (they/them, @fissionmale/@email@example.com) — Ursula, the Weird Sister
Ceci Mancuso (they/them, @firstname.lastname@example.org) — Horatio “Time Keeper” Holm
Stephanie Burt (she/her, @accommodatingly/@email@example.com) — Mona “Monomer” Maxwell-Damon
Fiona Hopkins (she/her, @fionawhim/@firstname.lastname@example.org) — Game Moderator
Theme Music: “Play” by Sleepyhead