In this episode of Black Work Talk, Steven Pitts speaks with Bill Fletcher, long-time racial justice and labor activist.
This is the last episode of this iteration of Black Work Talk, and we discuss many of the themes running through the two seasons of the podcast, including:
- Black worker organizing within a union context.
- The limitations of the just fights for greater representation.
- Neoliberalism and the challenges facing Black mayors.
- The complexities of fighting rightwing authoritarianism.
- The impact of the growing Black immigrant population in the United States on Black politics.
We closed with some thoughts and suggestions for folks struggling for justice today who came of age–politically–during the last 15 years.