Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Mehak Vohra started her career as a Computer Science student at Purdue University. She dropped out of college at 19 years old and moved to San Francisco. Her goal was to build the most scalable marketing agency in world. She ran Jamocha Media for 4 years, and in her peak she was generating 1-2M views per month on LinkedIn for herself and her clients. In 2019, Mehak decided to start SkillBank, a marketing bootcamp that's completely free upfront. If someone is motivated to land a job in marketing, SkillBank is there to help.
- Align your business incentives with your stakeholders’ success.
- Brainstorm the marketing levers you have access to and test them immediately.
- Identify where your competitors are having success in their marketing.
- In addition to marketing, constantly test and iterate in your own life.
- Work through the GAILs that hold you back – Gremlins, Assumptions, Interpretations, and Limiting beliefs
- You are your biggest project—constantly test and iterate on yourself.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? You have to look at yourself as your greatest project.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Empathetic, regimented, and healthy.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? What am I doing this for?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? Trust Me, I'm Lying by Ryan Holiday
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Start doing. The best way to learn is to put yourself out there and try new things.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why not?” because you’re finding reasons to say no.
CONNECT WITH MEHAK
CONNECT WITH JOSH
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!
Mentioned in this episode:
Subscribe to Business Bitcoinization
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app
Business Bitcoinization Trailer
Listen to the trailer