The Truth About How to Choose the Ideal Business Accountant
IDEAL BUSINESS ACCOUNTANT
Finding the ideal business accountant can feel like a daunting process, and it’s often been turned into a punch line, like the joke about when you interview an accountant and you ask how much is two plus two? And they say how much you want it to be, that’s who you should hire.
Well, today’s guest, retired CPA Maxine Stern says not so fast. As a certified public accountant Maxine has seen a lot and done a lot. She’ll give us the truth about how to choose the ideal business accountant for your business.
What You’ll Discover About the Ideal Business Accountant (highlights & transcript):
* What is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) [2:02]
* 5 Ways the ideal business accountant can help your startup business [4:59]
* 7 Ways the ideal business accountant can help an ongoing business [9:41]
* The best way to utilize your accountant’s expertise [17:55]
* What to consider when selecting accounting software [18:59]
* What factors to consider when selecting the ideal business accountant [20:56]
* 5 Non-obvious factors to consider when hiring the ideal business accountant [26:47]
* And MUCH MORE
Guest: Maxine Stern
Maxine Stern’s background is in business, finance and accounting, general business management, as well as grant and contract administration.
She’s worked for Duke University in a managerial position and has led her own financial consulting business. But unlike most accountants, Maxine has a Ph.D. in sociology, and that knowledge of human behavior and relationships adds a valuable dimension to financial analysis.
He sociology background has also contributed to the work she’s currently doing as a certified mentor for SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer expert business mentors dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals.
OR for a premium podcast experience become a podcast patron. No matter where you are in your entrepreneurial journey, there's a membership level to meet your needs. Check it out here.
Rating and reviewing the show helps us grow our audience and allows us to bring you more of the rich information you need to succeed from our high powered guests. Leave a review at Lovethepodcast.com/BusinessConfidential