On today's podcast, I welcome back Jason and Colleen Wachob, the co-founders and co-CEOs of mindbodygreen, the leading independent media brand dedicated to well-being with 15 million monthly unique visitors. I'm welcoming them back on the show to talk about their newest book, The Joy of Well-Being: A Practical Guide to a Happy, Healthy, and Long Life.
I look up to them both, not only in the business they've built, but more importantly, the balance they've created for themselves and their family. On today's podcast, we'll talk about achieving 80% of your maximum health and eight practices that will help you get there. We'll also explore how spirituality and human connection have a major impact on your longevity and your health.
Let's welcome Jason and Colleen back to the show.
We also cover…
00:01:00 — Finding The Joy In Your Wellness Journey
- Not getting caught up in wellness trends
- What Jason and Colleen’s days look like and how they’ve evolved from their early twenties
- The importance of connection, sleep, and movement
- Easy ways to incorporate wellness into your daily routine
- Scientific reasons why you need to do resistance training
- Why it’s so important to eat enough protein and nutrition advice for longevity
- Sarcopenia: causes, rates and prevention
- Thinking about wellness as how you want to feel as you age
00:29:00 — The Impact of Connection & Community on Longevity
- 8 practices that can help you achieve 80% of your maximum health
- Nasal breathing and how it affects your sleep
- Filtering which wellness trends work for you and bring you joy
- Creating rituals to manage stress and anxiety
- The Roseto study and importance of community
- What Made Maddy Run by Kate Fagan
00:49:00 — Spirituality As An Antidote To Depression
- Spiritual practices Jason and Colleen participate in with their kids
- Their experience of moving their family from New York to Miami
- Science of spirituality and studies by Dr. Lisa Miller
- Redefining purpose and a higher calling
- The pressures of social media and its impact on mental health
- Identifying your personal mission statement
- Homework for implementing some new practice for your well-being
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is produced by Crate Media.
Mentioned in this episode:
Primal Kitchen | Visit primalkitchen.com and use the code KELLYSFAVORITES at checkout for 15% off your order of $40 or more.
Athletic Greens | Take ownership over your health with Athletic Greens! Get 1 FREE year of Vitamin D immune support along with 5 FREE travel packs at AthleticGreens.com/BeWell.
BWBK Protein Powder | Grass-fed protein powder OR vegan chocho protein powder with organic monk fruit has exactly what you need to make delicious, blood sugar balancing, nutrient dense smoothies—and nothing you don’t. Get $10 off your order with PODCAST10 at bewellbykelly.com.