Emma Burditt, an Aspiring School Business Manager, joins me to talk about her discovery of and journey into the profession, her experiences so far and her advice for her fellow Aspiring SBMs.
And... stay tuned until the end to hear about out how we plan to provide support and guidance to Aspiring SBMs everywhere!
The episode at a glance:
[2:40] – Emma describes her journey from the Home Office to business owner to School Business Management
[8:44] – Emma talks about her perception of the SBL role from outside of the education sector
[13:53] – Emma talks about the process of matching her transferable skills to the SBL role and exploring the different types of training and qualifications available
[21:24] – Emma describes her experience as an Aspiring SBM so far and her struggle with imposter syndrome
[23:05] – Emma and I reveal the details of our plan to provide guidance and support to Aspiring SBMs everywhere!
- Join the Aspiring SBM Facebook Group
- Follow Emma on Twitter
- PODCAST: Why there’s no such thing as a normal path to SBL
- PODCAST: Why SBLs are vital to the success of a school
- DOWNLOAD: New SBM Checklist
- BLOG: For new SBMs
- BLOG: How to apply for a new job
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources