Imagine if the parking industry could share data with other industries not just here in the U.S. but also around the world. We’re a long way off from that being a reality. But there are a bunch of intelligent parking professionals working on trying to make that happen.
In this episode your hosts Dani Crain and John D. Conway discuss the Alliance for Parking Data Standards (APDS) and explore the importance of the parking industry being able to share data with itself and with other industries.
Some of the topics that Dani and John explore include:
* In some locations across the U.S., there are specific addresses related to licensing, which is why addresses—and parking data standards—are important.
* APDS’s push is to get a standard so that everyone who shares data in the industry can connect to the rest of the world in a common way.
* Finding common definitions for the parking industry.
* All the things that need to come together in order to create a smart city parking landscape, including public transportation, EV charging, micromobility, and other things.
* Focusing on being innovative and coming up with great ideas, and not being bogged down with all money, time, and resources.
* Placement of locations versus placement of equipment and services.
This show is sponsored by Parking Revenue Recovery Services (PRRS), bringing you a new standard in parking compliance: https://www.parkingprrs.com/