Andrew Warner is the creator and host of Mixergy, a business podcast where well-known entrepreneurs, thinkers, and doers share their business journeys. He’s also the author of a new book titled Stop Asking Questions: How to Lead High Impact Interviews and Learn Anything From Anyone - and that’s also what his One Big Tip is all about.
Andrew says conducting impactful interviews with the people you want to learn from is one huge key to success. But how do you make sure you’re getting the most out of those interviews? When you listen to my conversation with Andrew, you’ll hear tips and concrete examples about how to do just that.
The most important part of leading a great interview is to have the guts and vulnerability to ask questions that will help you find the solution to a problem. From there, doors will open and tons of stories from the experienced people you admire will come flowing to you. Hear all of Andrew’s tips for making it happen and learn from anyone in this episode.
In this episode
- [3:26] Andrew takes us through his background, explains how Mixergy came to be, and emphasizes the value of a great one-on-one interview
- [8:55] Andrew can’t choose a favorite interview, but he shares a recent impactful one as an example.
- [11:57] Andrew’s one big tip is to conduct interviews - he says it’s the best way to learn! The most important component? A genuine need and curiosity.
- [16:01] We talk more about the benefits of interviews and how to get the most out of them. I share my own experience with podcasting.
- [25:02] Andrew explains that the key to leading a great interview is to identify a problem and work towards a solution through questions.
Support the show