This week, Bishop talks about the silent or quiet prayers the priest says before and during Mass. Then it’s on to listener-submitted questions on topics including: the upcoming Synod for the Amazon, the most common myth about Catholicism, and whether or not a confession can be heard over the phone. If you have a question you’d like Bishop to answer on a future episode, submit it at Redeemer Radio dot Com Slash Ask Bishop. Or download the free Redeemer Radio app and select “Ask Your Questions.”
Lots of listener-submitted questions:
• I've heard a lot about the Synod for the Amazon recently. Can you explain what it is?
• What do we mean when we say “our exile” in the “Hail, Holy Queen” prayer?
• Are we required to believe "Theology of the Body?"
• Do we know when the Bible was written?
• Are there different levels in heaven? Does your faithfulness on earth earn you a certain level in heaven?
• I'm a non-Catholic who is still exploring the faith. I've attended Mass in the past. If, while at Mass, I decide that I believe the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ, can/should I receive it, or as a non-Catholic, should I refrain, and wait until I make the commitment to go through RCIA and join the Church properly?
• Is it a sin for a family to enter the U.S. illegally?
• What is the most common myth about Catholicism?
• Why did Jesus tell people NOT to tell anybody else about the miracles He performed?
• Could a confession be heard over the phone? What about over text message?
Truth in Charity is brought to you in part by Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
Follow us on social media:
Submit your question(s):
Call / Text (Holy Cross College text line) - 260-436-9598
Online - www.RedeemerRadio.com/AskBishop
E-mail - AskBishop@RedeemerRadio.com
Subscribe to the Podcast:
iTunes | Google Play | SoundCloud | RSS