On this episode I ask the question what is the problem with violence? My guest today is experienced Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt Instructor and trainer to the UK Forces and Police Service - Andy Roberts
In the modern world we have lived in relative peace time for a number of years but that peace and the freedoms we enjoy today was achieved through extremely violent times within the last century alone. However the place of violence in society, whilst necessary has been demonised in recent times and conflated around a number of other issues.
In my conversation with Andy we discuss:
- How Andy first got into martial arts as a child and why he has made a career from teaching others to defend themselves and others.
- The life skills that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Martial Arts teach us that are applicable to life in the real world and widely applicable
- The utopia some people are living in right now which is having a negative (and sometimes catastrophic) impact on basic situational awareness
- The transformational that occurs when adults and children learn the discipline, self responsibility and self accountability that comes with BJJ
- The manner in which the media is manipulating the message around violence that is both proportionate and necessary in law enforcement
**To grab a FREE copy of my new e-book The Dad Blueprint click here**
**To join my EXCLUSIVE Brotherhood for Dads - The Dads Circle click here**
Get involved and find out more
To get involved with the conversation on social media we are on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
If you want to join the Guild of Dads you can do so via our Facebook Group
Episode show notes can be found on our website
If you like what we are doing, leave a rating and review here