I am so excited to have Jeremy Horowitz on today's show. He is the CEO and co-founder of Hume Supernatural, a natural deodorant brand I am also so proud to be an investor and advisor for. Jeremy brings a diverse legal and business expertise to Hume and to this conversation.
I’m also excited because – we’re in Whole Foods! It’s a big moment for the business, and for all of the team members involved in it. The milestone also provides a great jumping off point for Jeremy to talk us through how Hume came to be and where it’s headed in the future.
Today's episode is all about taking your small business, building an amazing team of awesome humans around it, and allowing it to take off like a rocket ship. To celebrate, you can head to humesupernatural.com and use the code KELLYPODCAST for 15% off your first order.
We also cover…
00:02:38 — Jeremy’s Entrepreneurial Journey
- Early experience in the legal field
- All-encompassing financial work with the San Diego Padres
- Investing in St. Archers lighting-fast evolution
- What is the cool factor?
- Evolution of influencer-backed businesses
- Kelly’s journey with brand deals
- Duplicating his beverage business model launch success in Australia
00:22:46 — The Story of Hume Supernatural
- Getting into the natural deodorant space
- Building Hume’s initial team of investors, advisors, and ambassadors
- Creating our own advanced formula for natural deodorant with Melissa Christenson #45
- Kelly on her own experience with natural deodorant
- Digital launch just before the pandemic
- Making it inclusive, diverse, irreverent, and fun!
- How, when, and why Kelly joined the Hume team
- Making it easier to prioritize your health and wellness
00:43:59 — Big Breaks & Brand Deals
- Wall Street Journal’s “Fragrance-Free Deodorant of the Year”
- Moving from DTC-to-Amazon-to-retail deals
- Landing the big fish: Sprouts and Whole Foods
- Jeremy’ tips for launching in retail
- Growing an ecommerce sales channel
- Final advice on team/brand building
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is produced by Crate Media.
Mentioned in this episode:
LMNT's new mint chocolate, chocolate caramel, and chocolate salt flavors are perfect for the holiday season and only here for a limited time! Head to DrinkLMNT.com to check out the chocolate medley bundle.
Take ownership over your health with Athletic Greens! Get 1 FREE year of Vitamin D immune support along with 5 FREE travel packs at AthleticGreens.com/BeWell.
Be Well Protein Powder
Grass-fed protein powder with organic monkfruit extract, organic cacao & vanilla, and NOTHING else. Get $5 off your order at bewellbykelly.com with promo code 'PODCAST5'.