Welcome! My guest today is Neil Patel, who teaches people how to optimize their SEO (search engine optimization). You may not know his name, but you’ve probably used his products. He is the creator of Hello Bar, which is an opt-in bar at the top of websites. He also developed “Crazy Egg,” which is heat-tracking software to let you know where visitors are traveling on your website and where they are clicking. Neil is the go-to person regarding SEO for large companies like Amazon and Viacom, and he has been recognized by President Obama and the UN as one of the top entrepreneurs in the world. Neil is here to share information about websites and general blog posts regarding SEO. Join us!
SEO is basically the art and science of ranking on Google or other search engines. There are definite characteristics of websites with high SEO:
- A good product, service, and content
- Links to other websites and resources
- Social shares
Neil advises the following to optimize SEO:
- Sign up for Google search consul.
- Submit to Google maps to let them know where you are.
- Submit to local directories.
- Consider using GetListed.org to increase your local traffic.
For private practitioners, Neil recommends keeping your code clean, including links to other sites, and blogging to keep your content current and helpful.
Neil shares the following general tips for optimizing SEO:
- The key to blog posts is consistent content.
- Using tools for key words will increase traffic.
- Key word estimators, like Google Traffic Estimator, will give you information about what people are searching for.
Neil points out common mistakes that people often make:
- Failing to update websites with regular blog posts
- Failing to make their website compatible with mobile devices
- Failing to link their blog posts to each other when they concern related topics
Neil discusses the link between social shares and SEO rankings, the reason for vacillating rankings, and the easiest way to get started on your website. Join us for this valuable information and more!
Links and Resources:
Neil has information and free guides available on his websites.
Mentioned in this episode:
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!
Need Community Support? Join the Mastermind
If you are a seasoned therapist, and you are wanting to move from clinical to online course income, we actually have a specific mastermind for therapists who are doing this. We meet together to build and grow and scale our online courses. You can learn more about that mastermind over at https://sellingthecouch.com/mastermind.