Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Dr Jen O’Ryan, an Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity strategist focused on helping people build authentically inclusive and welcoming companies.
With plenty of experience in leadership, mental health, and change management Jen has a lot to talk to us about!
Jen also holds a PhD in Human Behaviour, which focuses on gender identity and sexual orientation, as well as an MBA in Technology Management and a B.A. in Ethics and Human Behaviour, so she is someone who understands the challenges leaders can face in developing a culture of inclusiveness for employees, clients, and customers.
Jen is also the Founder and Principal of Double Tall Consulting and the author of “Inclusive AF: A Field Guide for ‘Accidental’ Diversity Experts”, a book designed for anyone thinking about Inclusion and Diversity and something we will find out more about later in this podcast.
In this “Achieving Authentically Inclusive Workplace Cultures” episode with Jen O’Ryan on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- Why is everyone talking about diversity and inclusion right now?
- Why is diversity a top priority for so many businesses?
- What do most people “get wrong” about Inclusion and Diversity?
- What can someone listening do today that can influence change?
- What can we learn from your book “Inclusive AF: A Field Guide for ‘Accidental’ Diversity Experts”
- Thinking about the title of your book, what do you mean by the term ‘accidental’ expert?
- What are the differences between gender identity and orientation?
- How would you recommend HR leaders tackle LGBTQ+ issues in the workplace?
- What Practical steps can you recommend for those working on L&D initiatives with limited budgets, resources, or influence that may help them achieve an authentically inclusive organisational culture?
- Post-Pandemic, is there anything HR leaders can do to help prepare their teams to return to the office?
Links highlighted in this “Achieving Authentically Inclusive Workplace Cultures” episode are included below:
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what an excellent HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon!