Ian discusses in this episode about how hard it is for some people to admit they are wrong and how hard it is to look at something in others' perspective. He mentioned that the unhealed part of yourself is somewhat protecting you from emotional pain or any sort of pain and that's the reason why you cannot admit that you are at fault. Taking full responsibility of your mistakes will let you have self-control, freedom, and the power you cannot have if you cannot admit to yourself that you can also be wrong.
• Apology brings out the fire in others while putting out yours
• You'll be stuck in the same loop if you're not coming from a place of curiosity, understanding, and awareness
• Freedom is when you start to accept you can't be right all the time
• Finding the truth doesn't require you to prove that you're right
• Thinking about others' perspective will help you realize yours
• Owning things and taking full responsibility will show you why you went down that path in the first place
About the Host:
Ian Hawkins is the Founder and Host of The Grief Code. Dealing with grief firsthand with the passing of his father back in 2005 planted the seed in Ian to discover what personal freedom and legacy truly is. This experience was the start of his journey to heal the unresolved and unknown grief that were negatively impacting every area of his life. Leaning into his own intuition led him to leave corporate and follow his purpose of creating connection for himself and others. The Grief Code is a divinely guided process that enables every living person to uncover their unresolved and unknown grief and dramatically change their life and the lives of those they love. Thousands of people have now moved from loss to light following this exact process.
You can also stay connected with me by joining The Grief Code community at www.ianhawkinscoaching.com/thegriefcode and remember, so that I can help even more people to heal, please subscribe and leave a review on your favourite podcast platform