What do you want people to remember you for? What is your legacy? If you want to create a lasting legacy, every action you take needs to reflect your values. We were playing the short-term game to grow revenue, but we needed to focus on our core values – our ONE thing. There’s a price attached to our values, but there’s also a reward when we stick to them. Jay Papasan, co-author of The ONE Thing, is back to explain how he knew we were making a mistake and to teach you how we corrected course.
In this episode you will learn...
- [0:50] Why your values aren’t really your values unless they cost you something.
- [1:38] The BIG Mistake we made (that you may be making right now).
- [2:20] Why the best businesses have a mission and a clear purpose.
- [8:30] AH-HA Moment: We need to come from a place of value. Your trust is worth infinitely more than your money.
- [9:34] Why negative interactions can help you identify problems and solve them.
- [13:04] Clarity matters. Getting clear about your values is a foundational idea that people don’t give enough focus.
- [14:05] Why there’s no reason to repeat other people’s mistakes.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Identify what you want your legacy to be. What do you want people to say you stood for? Then reflect on how you are showing up in the world on a daily basis… Do you need to make any adjustments?
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Get a FREE digital copy of the bestselling book The ONE Thing! We are on a mission to become the #1 podcast in iTunes. You can help us get there by subscribing to the show. Click here to subscribe. Once you subscribe (either on your phone or computer), take a screenshot showing that you subscribed, and email that photo to email@example.com We will then send you a link to get your FREE digital copy :) --
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters
Mentioned in this episode:
Go to Bambee dot com RIGHT NOW and type in The ONE Thing under PODCAST when you sign up - it’ll really help the show.
Spelled, BAM-B-E-E dot com. Bambee dot com type in The ONE Thing
Go to heathycell.com slash ONE and use promo code ONE to get 20% off your first order. That’s healthycell dot com slash O-N-E to get 20% off your first order with promo code ONE