You are not creating space for anybody healthy to walk into your life if your "room" is full of toxic negative people. You have to make a choice and make room for that.
How to overcome Childhood Trauma caused by Narcissistic Mother. And How to Set Boundaries from Toxic family members. Being raised in a narcissistic household is hard on your self worth, identity, autonomy, and overall decision making skills.
Today I share a conversation with Keresse Thompson
Here are some key moments:
- Highly Self Absorbed people are unable to have empathy
- Parents with turbulent reactions cause childhood trauma keeps your nervous system revved up. This conditioned her to be a hyper sensitive empath.
- We learn love from our parents be it conditional or unconditional, toxic or healthy
- That toxic environment being raised in a narcissistic household leads you down a path of detrimental decision making skills, and abusive and manipulative relationships
- Narcissistic Abuse is a cycle that taps into your chemicals in your brain of rewards then devaluation. Removal of love makes you want to leave and it is an addiction when they love bomb you back in again.
- Studies have shown that drugs v. emotional abuse are the same in our brain.
- Keep good boundaries. If you have kids with a narcissist, do not react to their drama.
30:00 Empaths are often extremely compassionate. And we try to understand them so much we look past certain things. You can't do that.
You can still have compassion for them and move those people to the very outer circle.
Get your FREE 10 Powerful Ways to Defeat the Narcissist and Embrace your empath superpowers audio gift today!
Trauma 2 Triumph FREE Ticket
Empath & The Narcissist Book :
Guest Bio 36, Marine corps vet. Became a licensed clinical social worker 10 ywars ago. Single mom of a 14 year old girl, Empath, and pyschic intuitive. She definitely has her fair share of childhood trauma, and she spills the tea with us.
She also runs a worldwide podcast called Diary of an Empath and I am a self published author of Diary of An Empath. https://linktr.ee/Therapeutichealingbyreese
Help with co-parenting with narcissist app: https://www.ourfamilywizard.com/
Support the Show make a donation to keep the production up and running: SHOP
Grab all links and full transcript on our website Ravenscott.show
Music YouTube Library: Til I Let Go by Neffex
Mentioned in this episode:
Trauma 2 Triumph Virtual Summit
Free ticket with VIP access