Benny Nachman is a self-proclaimed serial entrepreneur and a payment industry veteran. His third and most recent endeavor, Jassyby, is a fintech startup designed to help teens and children manage their money and learn important financial skills along the way. Throughout all of his experiences in the startup industry, Benny has learned one huge tip: hire above your skillset for long-term success. He tells us all about it in this episode.
Too often, business owners settle for a team that’s less skilled, but more affordable to hire. But Benny says building a team of the best possible people you can surround yourself with is the number one key to success.
When you listen to this episode, you’ll learn all about why it’s so important to have a team of highly skilled individuals and how settling can hold you back in many ways - especially when it comes time to scale your business. We also take some time to discuss Jassby, Benny’s latest startup, and the importance of teaching kids about money. Overall, it’s an episode every entrepreneur needs to hear!
In this episode
Support the show
- [0:57] Benny gives us the rundown on Jassby. It’s his third start-up and he created it to teach kids how to manage their finances.
- [4:40] Benny says educating children on money in a way that works for them is urgent. Here, he explains how he tapped into that and how it led to Jassby.
- [9:03] Benny discusses how kids and younger teens are underserved when it comes to financial services and financial education.
- [12:29] Benny says one of the most important keys to success is to surround yourself with the best people and build an incredible team - even if it’s expensive!
- [13:55] Too often, Benny explains, people settle for cheaper options. He urges listeners to never settle when it comes to their team, and to hire a manager on day one!
- [14:53] We discuss how a lower grade team limits you in the long run, especially when it comes to scaling.