It's the inaugural episode of Giant Cocktails: Happy Hour! Matthew and Ben take a break from baseball to dive deeper into their cocktails. In this episode Ben discusses his Sisyphean journey in creating a custom Tiki cocktail while Matthew dives into the Chilean and Peruvian Pisco rivalry. Recipes below!
Ben's Typical Rum Drink
- 1 oz. Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
- 1 oz. Plantation Stiggins' Fancy Pineapple
- 1 oz. Orgeat
- 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
- 2 Dashes Angostura bitters (optional)
- 1/4 oz. Falernum (optional)
Combine rums, Orgeat and lime juice in shaker with ice and shake until chilled. Strain into rocks glass over crushed ice. Top with bitters and Falernum. Garnish with pineapple wedge and brandied cherries
- 2 oz Pisco
- 3/4 oz Lime (or Lemon) Juice
- 3/4 oz Pineapple Gum Syrup
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake well on for 8 to 12 seconds. Strain over fresh ice and garnish with a pineapple wedge.