Learn the steps of creating a culture document for an engineering company! In this interview Rob Volk reveals why Foxbox Digital needed a culture document, and what impact it had on their day-to-day work.
In this interview we're covering:
- What's Included and excluded in the Foxbox culture document
- Why do you need a company culture document?
- The steps of creating a culture document
- The impact of a culture document on an engineering team
- How does the document help to sustain the culture
- How to change your copmany culture
- How to check for cultural fit
- Whether it's better to hire for diversity or for cultural fit
Excerpt from the interview:
"We've always had a strong company culture, but early on, it was accidental. I hired engineers who I thought were great, and the engineering culture formed organically.
By now, we've had cultural miss-hires, some contentions and issues. These are signs of a bad culture.
So, we tried to distill the good parts of our culture down to a cultural document. The purpose was to be able to maintain the culture as we scale up."
Click here to read the full interview!