Join Aidan & Ashley for a fantastic discussion with none other than the marvellous entertainer, entrepreneur and all-round clever-clogs, Ken Dyne!
In this episode, Ken shares so many practical insights and approaches to show structure so that you can present performances that your audiences ACTUALLY care about and enjoy.
This episode has drastically changed our insights over the ways that we structure our shows and we know that you're going to LOVE this discussion.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Who Is Ken Dyne? [02:40]
- How Did Ken Learn To Keep His Audience Engaged? [06:00]
- DO NOT MAKE THESE MISTAKES AT THE START OF YOUR SHOW [09:07]
- Getting Introduced The Best Way That You Possibly Can [21:00]
- Stop Having Dinner With Your Audiences (A Networking Tip) [25:20]
- Using A Written Introduction [26:25]
- How To Handle Hecklers By Using Your Character [29:24]
- Simple Performance Techniques That Force Your Audiences To Get Involved [34:17]
- How To Stop Your Shows Being A String Of Tricks [40:06]
- Using Contrast To Improve Your Storytelling & Shows [45:48]
- Why You Shouldn't Structure Your Show Based On 'Impossibility' [49:46]
- Using Shapes To Build Variety [55:42]
- WHY NONE OF THIS EPISODE MATTERS [01:01:06]
Where To Find Ken:
Did you enjoy this podcast?
If so, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE on Apple Podcasts or Spotify so you never miss an episode!
Also, if you could spend just 13 seconds and leave us a review on your preferred platform, we would really appreciate it!
Share and tag us on Social Media (@TheSuccessfulMentalist) or use the hashtag #thesuccessfulmentalist