Learn the top time management and productivity tips, tricks, hacks and practices engineering managers use to get on top of their endless mountain of work. Profit from the hard-earned experience of Matt Martin, CEO of Clockwise to become the best manager you can be!
In this interview we're covering:
- Time management 101 for managers
- How to do a calendar audit
- How to use time dedicated to proactive management
- Metrics of productivity for managers
- How to develop team members
- Delegating tasks
- How to handle your emails
- How to lead meetings productively
- Productivity myths managers should avoid
- The signs of good time management for managers
Excerpt from the interview:
"I've struggled with delegating effectively in the past. It's easy for managers at all levels to take on more work than they need to.
The toughest thing about delegating is that you’re often better at doing a task. Usually, you get promoted for a reason. You know the context, you have the information, and you've probably been a great individual contributor.
You might be the best person for a task, but that doesn't mean you should do it. If there's an opportunity to put a task on a team member, think critically about delegating it to them."
Click here to read the full interview!