For us to become an effective and compassionate leader, we must first know who we are. Self-awareness enables us to understand more of our strengths and weaknesses, our likes and dislikes. It allows us to make decisions beneficial for our community and lives. As a result, we find the areas in ourselves that we need to improve on, which can lead us to become better people and better stewards of this world. We need self-awareness tools because we want to improve.
In this episode, host Tim Winders talks about the importance of self-awareness tools and how they can help you become a better leader. Additionally, he will share the tools and assessments that have helped him be a better father, husband, and coach. Tim, for instance, encourages us to take these assessments and discover how we can be better stewards of this earth.
If you want to learn more about yourself, listen to the full episode.
3 Reasons to Listen:
- Discover the importance of self-awareness.
- Learn about the several tools and assessments that can help you understand yourself better and consequently, learn more about yourself.
- Tim shares advice on how to be a better partner, leader, and steward.
[02:22] The Importance of Self-Awareness
- In this episode, you will learn that self-awareness is about understanding our strengths and weaknesses. As a result, we can be more effective and passionate.
- Self-awareness also crosses over generations, in this segment. Today, young people have to gain more self-awareness because they continue to connect online, compare themselves to others, and deal with relationship struggles and mental health disorders.
- Even though the past generation is not as tech-savvy as the new generation, as a result, they still need to gain self-awareness. Thus, they tend to be rigid and dogmatic. Older people tend to feel that they're always right.
- Self-awareness is essential when making decisions, in essence.
“We need to know ourselves to understand ourselves, to be able to be clear on what we talked about earlier: strengths and weaknesses, and how we can be more effective.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[05:23] Ways to Understand Yourself More
- In this episode, you will learn that you can ask your spouse, partner, or other people closest to you to gain insight into your personality.
- There are helpful personality profiles, assessments, or tests you can take to have a glimpse of who you are nonetheless.
- To illustrate, Tim uses personality assessments to know if the client who wants to work with them is teachable or coachable.
- In this episode, you can use these personality assessments to identify the people you're working with and also help them understand themselves better.
- Personality tests do not define you. Nevertheless, they can help you become a better spouse, father, or influencer which happens when you understand who you are
“When you understand more of who you are, it can help you lead better. It can help you be a better spouse, help you be a better parent. It can help you be a better influencer and a better steward.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[13:12] Personality Profiles You Can Try Acting as Self-Awareness Tools
“That's why this (building strong relationships) is a constant thing. It's a process. We're always learning. We're always growing.” - Click Here To Tweet This
- Listen to the full episode to learn more about the personality assessment tools in order to understand yourself better.
- In this segment, Tim shares his reflections about the results he received.
[22:46] DISC Personality Types & Profiles
- The DISC profile talks about dominance, inspiration, steadiness, or compliance.
- Through DISC profile, you are forced to make a decision that determines what you are in your primary behavior patterns.
- In this episode, it discusses that D is for dominant or direct, I for inspiring or interactive, S for supportive or steady, and C for cautious or careful.
- The DISC personality types and profiles can be valuable for teams, leaders, families.
- Listen to the full episode to know Tim’s DISC profile!
[27:06] Enneagram as One of the Self-Awareness Tools
- In this episode, you will learn Enneagram. Enneagram is one of the most popular self-awareness tools for the younger crowd.
- It introduces nine personality types: perfectionist, giver, achiever, individualist, investigator, loyalist, enthusiast, challenger, and peacemaker.
- It can be fun to do this with your team or your family and you have will have quality time with them, as a result.
- Listen to the full episode to know Tim's enneagram personality type!
“Be more self-aware so that you can become like what we've been talking about this season: a better everyday leader, a good steward, someone who's growing, someone who's becoming better and better.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[32:53] The 5 Love Languages
- The Five Love Languages assessment is a must for couples. As a result, it can help build their relationships and know more about each other
- Dr. Gary Chapman introduced the Five Love Languages to the world. In this segment, it aims to help people understand how they give and receive love. Its main principle is, “What we attempt to give is what we desire.”
- Here, you will discover that the five love languages are physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, acts of service, and receiving gifts.
- Listen to the full episode to know Tim's love language!
“We do just want to be better. That means we're being a good steward of the gifts that we have been given.” - Click Here To Tweet This
Enjoy The Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for leaders, entrepreneurs, ministers, and everyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new.
Thus, if this episode taught you more about how God makes an empowering, positive change in your life, don't hesitate! Feel free to subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to rest and spend time with God.
Do you want to help more people understand themselves better? A simple way is to share this episode or what you've learned today on social media about self-awareness tools.
Connect with the SeekGoCreate Network! For updates and more episodes, visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,