In this episode, Head of Regulatory Aki Corsoni-Husain and guest expert Mythily Katsaris of Fladgate LLP look at the complex relationship between India and offshore jurisdictions, including the British Virgin Islands. Together they discuss when things go wrong, in other words when stakeholders are faced with investigations or enquiries from competent authorities based locally or overseas and understanding what rights and obligations may be. This is part two of our two-part podcast within Expert Review looking at India.
- What should functionaries do when faced with a demand from an authority?
- What sort of things do authorities request and why?
- Tips for coordinating investigations with little oversight of activities abroad.
- Differences between the authorities handling of investigations?
- What is the status of the BVI’s commitment to public UBO registers?
- Overview of the most recent judgment in the CJ EU.