This week we're bringing back a fan-favorite episode. Dr. Juliana joins us as we explore the meaning of sexual agency and how it empowers us in every area of our lives. She talks about normalizing conversations about sex with our kids, why it's important, and also dives deep into how connecting to our sexuality says EVERYTHING about how we see ourselves, our relationships, and the world.
Learn More About Dr. Juliana:
Dr. Juliana is a licensed marriage and family therapist and a counselor with a Ph.D. in counseling education. For 20 years, she’s worked with clients to help them manage relationships, sexuality, confidence, infertility, and more. Her work has been featured in Oprah, CBS’s The DrS., The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Women's Health, The Discovery Channel, Martha Stewart, Conde Nest, TV Panel ShareCare, Inc., and Shape (among others).
Her flagship courses include REVEALED: Uncovering your Sexual Story, REVEALED International Facilitation Certification, Radical: A New Relationship with Your Body, Be Your Own (S)expert and The Wanting. She’s also a writer and thought-leader, and she speaks for audiences around the world. Most recently, she was named the Lifestyle Expert for Tempur Sealy, where she also serves on their Sleep Council, is the therapist at large for The Broadway Collective, and is the (S)expert for Campowerment.
- 01:54 - Meet Juliana and how she got started in the field of sex education
- 04:21 - What is sexual agency?
- 08:57 - The benefits of teaching "agency" in your household
- 10:05 - How to have a healthy dialogue with your children about sex
- 12:30 - Juliana’s advice on normalizing conversations about sex with your kids from childhood to teen years
- 20:43 - It starts with the parent - raising sexually competent children
- 22:19 - Why Juliana believes your sex toys shouldn’t be locked away
- 23:28 - How to set the boundary of what is acceptable and what is not in your home
- 25:10 - Why remaining curious is key to understanding your sexuality and who you are
- 28:30 - The gift of aging
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Dr. Juliana on her website here.
- You can also connect with her on Instagram and Facebook!
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We'd love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.