David McClelland, School Business Manager, joins me to reflect on his first year as a SBM and also share his thoughts on the profession more generally – with his new and fresh perspective!
The episode at a glance:
[1:23] – David explains why he felt August 2020 was a good time for him to jump into the SBL role and what he thinks the similarities and differences are between schools and other organisations
[12:25] – David discusses the commonalities between SBLs regardless of their path into the sector and how his role as a School Governor has helped him in his role
[22:37] – David talks about his supportive Head and what he thinks it would have been like without him
[35:15] – David emphasises the role’s need for recognised professional bodies and CPD
[55:30] – We talk about mindset, culture and support for SBLs
[1:06:18] – David talks about what comes next for him on his SBL journey and leaves us with some final thoughts
- Contact David on LinkedIn
- Join my Facebook Group
- Join my Aspiring SBM Facebook Group
- PODCAST: Raising the Profile of the Profession
- PODCAST: How to Develop the Role and Gain Recognition
- DOWNLOAD: New SBM Checklist
- BLOG: For New SBLs
- BLOG: It’s Time to Take Action
Want to be a guest on the podcast?
Click here to leave me your details and I'll be in touch soon!
· If you haven’t already, make sure you hit subscribe in your podcast player so you don’t miss out on future episodes!
· Or click here if it’s easier!
Get in touch:
You know I love to hear from you so please pop me an email or get in touch on social media to let me know what you think of the show and what you’d like to see in the future!
You can find Laura here…
- Website, Blog & Free Resources