Dr. Kelly Blodgett is redefining the modern dental experience. Over the past 20 years, he’s created a practice recognized as an international hotspot for integrative biological dentistry and dental tourism. He attracts people who seek a holistic and biological approach to their oral health and whole body health.
Through his weekly Toxic Tuesday and Wellness Wednesday social media posts, Dr. Kelly shares important truths not commonly discussed in traditional dental settings. His content illustrates his patients’ incredible journeys back to health while providing best practices for predictable oral and systemic health – fascinating subjects that serve as table stakes for today’s ultra-informative conversation as well.
We talk about the biological way of approaching root canals and fillings, oral hygiene, regaining health, demystifying health issues caused by teeth, and the theorized connection between root canals and cancer.
Given my own recent struggles with oral health, I’ve been so excited to have Dr. Kelly on the show. I’m thrilled to share his deep understanding and proven best practices for biohacking oral health with the community today.
We also cover…
00:02:24 — Dr. Kelly’s View on Holistic Dentistry
- Identifying the start of digestion – our mouth!
- Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Underrated Organ by Giulia Enders
- Toxicity of most modern dentistry practices and the detached view of oral health
- Kelly’s personal experience with longterm root canal complications
- Oral anatomy 101 – where we’re most susceptible to harmful microbes
- Risks associated with root canals
- Self-advocacy and trusting experience/intuition
- Prioritizing the identification of the root cause before treatment
00:18:20 – A New Approach to Cavities, Fillings & Root Canals
- Lifestyle and diet choices lead to decline in oral health
- The impact chronic acidity & excessive snacking has on your enamel
- Toddlers, snacking, and an increase in cavities
- Testing root canal teeth for microbes (and finding a lot of them)
- Dr. Kelly’s Toxic Tuesday social media series
- Bioenergetics of a dead tooth
- Dr. Simon Yu’s work with acupuncture meridian assessments
- Root canals impact on your immune function & the lymphatic system
00:32:20 – Exploring & Unpacking the Risks of Root Canals
- Dr. Kelly’s preference for ceramic implants
- Leveraging the immune system to heal
- Expected healing time for extraction & implant process
- Ceramic vs. titanium implants
- Exploring the theorized link between root canals & breast cancer
- Understanding the risks of microbial infections
- A biological approach to oral care
00:45:15 — Dr. Kelly’s Expert Recommendations
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is produced by Crate Media.
Mentioned in this episode:
Thank you LMNT for sponsoring this episode! Go to DrinkLMNT.com/Kelly to place your order and receive a free sample pack of all LMNT flavors.
Be Well Protein Powder
Grass-fed protein powder with organic monkfruit extract, organic cacao & vanilla, and NOTHING else. Get $5 off your order at bewellbykelly.com with promo code 'PODCAST5'.