Welcome back to another episode of Art World Horror Stories, where we share the most terrifying experiences artists have had! Today's episode consists of four short stories sent in to the show via email, that are read by AI to keep the spooky theme going. From the theft of intellectual property to nasty comments about the worth of artists, to a literal haunted venue for an art installation, tune in to get your thrill! We also hear from Scott about his own shocking experience of intellectual property theft from a global conglomerate and his advice on how to protect yourself as an artist and the little guy. Finally, we hear why this show is so important in exposing the ugly issues facing the art world, in helping artists feel less alone in their trauma, and hopefully helping address some of these issues going forward. Press “Play” now to unleash the spookiest art show around!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why we are sharing these horror stories: helping you plan for the worst.
- David Alexander Willis tells us about Jason Shawn Alexander’s painting being pierced by a forklift.
- Why AI was used to read the stories submitted for today!
- Mikel Cirkus’s SwatchWatch swindle: stealing his intellectual property, and the sliver of a silver lining.
- Scott’s experience with CocaCola’s theft of his, and other artist’s ideas.
- Monster clients: when an executive told Diane Navarro that artists are only valuable when they’re dead.
- Why it’s important to ask clients if venues are haunted! Dan Monteverro’s haunted house horror story.
- Why Ali Zeelander wrote in: her frustrations with the art world and her hopes that Art World Horror Stories helps address these issues.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
David Alexander Willis — https://www.davidalexanderwillis.com/about
Jason Shawn Alexander — https://www.studiojsa.com
Mikel Cirkus — https://mikelcirkus.com/
Art World Horror Stories Hotline — 833 668 77325
Art World Horror Stories Email — email@example.com
Not Real Art — https://www.notrealart.com/
Scott “Sourdough” Power — https://www.notarealartist.com/